Friday, March 8, 2013

All About: Katy Cartland, Owner/Creator of The Clever Bunny and Katy Cartland Photography


1. How did you get into blogging and photography? I have always had an interest in writing and photography, and I come from a long line of crafty ladies! I finally found a way to marry these things together to make The Clever Bunny!

2. Who or what inspires you? I have a long list of blogs that I read/look at every day (yours is one of them!), and all of those ladies and gents definitely help fuel the creative fire. On a deeper level, my husband is the biggest inspiration in my life - he works hard, he is intelligent, takes care of himself physically and still finds the time to enjoy life! His well-roundedness inspires me.

3. What are you currently reading? I am currently exactly 3 pages into "The Road" by Jack Kerouac =)

4. Coffee or tea?  Girl. Coffee. Black. And thick like oil. I want the spoon to stand straight up in that coffee mug. 

5. Early bird or night owl? I am a night owl by nature, for sure! I am finally at a point in life where I can get to sleep before midnight, but it has taken a year of training to get there.

6. Favorite beauty product of the moment? I used an Origins Charcoal Mask called Clear Improvement in Hawaii that I am obsessed with! I don't wear a lot of makeup on a day to day basis, so having something freshen my skin is my biggest priority!

7. Favorite magazine? I would love to say something edgy here like "Nylon", but actually, my favorite is Real Simple. I am kind of an old lady like that =) And Lucky Magazine.

8. Favorite place you have traveled? Definitely Hawaii, so far, as far as a complete package. But I am definitely a city girl, so I will never turn down a trip to NYC or Chicago!

9. Defining moment in your blogging/photography career? My first paying photography job was definitely a defining moment! It became a real thing instead of a dream. It was amazing. And incredibly difficult. But in a good way =)

10. Any advice for aspiring bloggers and photographers out there? I think it is important to find your voice or your brand. I have found that what people respond to the most is consistency. Even if you are replicating something someone else has done, always find a way to put your personal "stamp" on it. 

Below are some projects Katy has tackled on her blog. She is truly the craftiest girl I know!





Check out Katy's awesome blog, The Clever Bunny & amazing photos, Katy Cartland Photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment